





Scroll down for several new posts and updates!
Since we have been home from Wyoming, Harvey has resumed preschool. They are talking about opening a summer program for kids (accompanied by parents) who will be transitioning to the older preschool in the fall, and if they do I will have to find someone to watch Grey so Harvey and I can go.
He has an evaluation set up on the 16 of July to determine what class he will be in. I am still hopeing that they have a space for him in the privately funded program, just because they have more money and resources than the district program. If that class is full, though, my second choice would be the district's autism classroom. I have worked in that classroom before, so I know the teacher and the routine and I think it would be great for Harvey.
Grey has strep throat, and currently a good high fever. My parents are always telling me that when I was a baby, I used to store chewed up food in my cheeks for hours until they would find it there. I am appalled and dismayed to say that Grey does the same thing.
There has been a lot of drama in my writing class lately. At the spring workshop, there was a lot of fuss about Becca Fitzpatrick's book hitting the NYT bestseller list, and Allie Condies seven figure deal. Because of this, there is a sudden surge of interest in our little writing class (where Becca and Allie workshopped their books.) There are so many class members now, that it is really hard to benefit from the class. So Caleb has decided to split it up into two groups, and one group will be for advanced writers and one for beginners. I am crossing my fingers that I get an invitation this week to the advanced class. When I mentally go through the list of students and put everyone in their proper class, I think I am probably going to get into the advanced class by the hair of my chinny chin chin. But it is not a very hairy chin, and I will try not to be too discouraged if I am stuck with the beginners for a little while longer. Most of the advanced students have been going for three years anyway, and I just started in January, so I guess I shouldn't expect it.
Caleb has been tearing my manuscript apart these last few weeks, and I feel like i am almost back at square one. He tears everyones manuscript apart, though. Everyones. Ruthlessly. He doesn't even try to be nice. It would be easy to justify quitting the class, except that he is always completely right. Whatever he suggests (in the meanest way possible) always improves the story 100%.
Jed has been building some beautiful kitchens, and learning a few new songs on the piano. Today he fixed a pipe that had seperated and was leaking water into the basement. He's handy, that Jed. And cute.
Finally, Scott Livingston has invited me to become a contributor on his writing blog, Be Mused. I will likely be writing a post there soon, and will put up a link when I do.
4 comments:
Great pics of cabinets, children, dogs greatgrandparents, cousins (the one with them all at the piano is a favorite and Harvey with the big glasses looking at old faithful) Loved, loved loved your update. Thanks
Hey the cabinets are exceptional. Scott Livingston from CDA, ID?
Thanks for catching us up. Glad you had a chance to take a real break from the real world. Good luck with your workshop and tell Jed to keep it up. I had my first cello recital today. A bunch of us were over 50, then the younger students. So keep up your music. Have a great week.
Those cabinets are AMAZING! Love them! Good work, Jed!
It must be a different Scott Livingston, Pam. You should make a blog, Pam! I want to see pictures of your cello recital!
Post a Comment