Item 2, the head lump: Just a weird skull formation. Ssttrange.
Thing 1: Had an IEP today. He starts going to preschool 4-days a week next week. I think this is going to be hugely beneficial to him. Also, he loves preschool. I'm pretty sure that more good news about Thing 1 will follow in 2 weeks, but I am waiting on some test results before I say more.
Tonight, in his prayer, he asked that he would be able to "eat cookies."
Thing 2: Grey has learned a new tantrum. You would not believe how good it is. He sort of flings his body onto the ground, with a carefully weighed balance of drama and control. It's just enough to make me thing he is really going to crack his head on the ground, without actually injuring himself. Then he moves on to "silent sobs" wherein he buries his face in the ground and convulses. If that doesn't get my attention, he'll go in for the screaming. It's piercing, and can go on for an extraordinary amount of time, until his little eyes get all swollen and his face turns all purple. If I leave the room in which this is all taking place, of course, he permits himself to pull his bedraggled body off of the ground just long enough to follow me into the next room and start all over again.
Least you think I am a mean mommy, these tantrums usually arise from such things as: not being allowed to play in the oven, not being allowed to bite me just for fun, not being allowed to drink ketchup, and ect. In his defense, I suppose he is very fond of ketchup. I might give in on that one, next time, depending on how purple he screams himself.

4 comments:
So excited about the IEP and that he gets to start school. I have geographical tongue. It goes through phases. So it will be interesting to hear how his is. It does hurt sometimes.
Cute Pics of him helping his dad with your new porch cover. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Take care.
LOL at the tantrums. I'm fond of telling them I'm immune to their tears, so I definitely do not think you're a bad mom.
For the record, I'd also not think you were a bad mom if you gave in on the ketchup. Although YOWZA that is disgusting. But I admit, it made me want to go find some ketchup to see how many cals/protein/etc are in it! Not that Ethan would touch the stuff, he's with me....
:)
GL with Harvey and prek! We are struggling with will-he-won't-he with our IEP eval and what to do if he DOES qualify. Nice of them to get it figured out with time to spare (his bday is in 3w). Kudos, Ohio.
I can't believe you would be such a mean mom and not let your child play in the oven! :)
You have a wonderful life and that you have written these precious moments down makes it even more enjoyable. :)
Post a Comment