We had a lovely, if exhausting, conference weekend. Jed helped his brother move. I was sick most of the day on Saturday. Har.vey has been sniffling too. I stayed in bed and listened to conference on the radio. On Saturday night we stayed over at Grandmas house. We made German Pancakes this morning, watched the morning session, and then Je.d, Jeni.ne, and Brand.on went up to the Conference Center for the afternoon session. I stayed home and took care of Harvey. I listened to the afternoon session on the radio while I painted the kitchen chairs. I put Har.vey in his playpen next to me while I painted. Every once in a while, he would start whimpering to let me know he wanted to get out. To distract him, I would sing one of his favorite songs, "Pony Boy." Usually,when I sing Pony Boy, I bounce him on my knee. This time, as there was no bouncing, Harv.ey would break out into a big grin and sway from side to side in his playpen. Jamming to Pony Boy-- Whoda thunkit.
Grandma hatched some chicken eggs with her second grade class. She brought them home this weekend and Har.vey and I were surprised to find a giant tub of baby chicks in Grandmas library. Harve.y loved them. He wanted desperately to put one into his mouth, but I was too mean of a Mama to allow it. He had to be content standing, holding onto the tub and squealing down at the chickies.
Today I had Har.vey on my lap while I was sitting on the kitchen floor when a stink-bug crawled by and sprayed us! I gave Har.vey a bath at Grandma's house to get rid of the stench, and since he didn't have any of his usual bath toys, I gave him a paper cup to play with. Harv.ey was really confused about why I wouldn't let him scoop up the bath water and practice drinking out of the big-boy cup. (I'm supposed to smile and clap when he drinks of out of the big-boy cup, right?)
He has learned how to make a clicking sound with his tongue. I thought that was a funny thing to learn, but now when we click our tongues at him, he clicks back.
Right now, he is chasing the dog around the house squealing at the top of his lungs. As long as he is on his hands and knees, I'm sure he 'll never catch him. But apparently that doesn't take any of the fun out of trying.
I. Love. Being. His. Mommy.
I will post pictures tomorrow. Tonight, I'm too exhausted to dig batteries for my camera out of the emergency supply.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend...Did you get the chairs done then?
LOL at the cup! And the clicking (we have that!) and the chasing the dog (at our house we chase the cat!).
Ew to the stink bug. Yuck yuck.
I can't wit for pics!!
Post a Comment