Monday, October 22, 2007


Pictures from today. Uncle Brandon bought him this giraffe. It plays Rock-A-Bye-Baby and it's neck moves. H@rv3y thinks it is pretty tasty.

Something super fun happened today. You are going to be so jealous...
I was kind of surprised when I noticed on the church program that we were having a combined priesthood/relief society lesson. Je.d. and I sat in the middle of the back row of the relief society room, squished up next to half of the ward like we were standing in line to ride the Matterhorn. Imagine my surprise when an unfarmilar woman got up and announced she was from L.DS. F.S, sent by the stake president who had been in touch with the commissioner, and she had come to give us a lesson about adoption/unplanned pregnancy. I might as well have worn a flashing neon hat to church. It was too late to make an exit, I was trapped. I kept wishing H@r.v3y would wake up and cry so I would have an excuse to leave. I'm sure nobody else felt as tense as I did, but I was tense enough for everyone in the room. I was sitting in the back, but that did not stop people from cramming their necks around to steal glances at us the whole time. The woman sitting next to me kept leaning over and whispering "See?" in my ear, at seemingly random points throughout the lesson. The minute the lesson was over I could see a dozen people, at least, making their way over to talk to me about it. I appreciate that they are trying to help, and are doing so much to try to make it easier. I really do. And I am so grateful that the ward is fasting and praying for us. That is really the most comforting thing anybody can do for us. That was truly just one of the most ackward things that has ever happend to me. I really have no idea what to say to anyone when they ask about it. Where would I even start? I can usually smile for about 5-7 seconds and thank them for their prayers. Anything more than that is just flirting with disaster. Nice that L.D.S F.S is doing so much to make it right, and nice that the ward cares so much...but I've never rushed out of the church so quickly after the closing prayer in my entire life. (And thats saying a lot.)
I hope this didn't happen to dear C. and her family today. If it did, I hope it was helpful, not ackward.

No comments: