We woke up at 4 AM today when Har.vey started vomiting. By 8 o'clock he had vomited twice more and I had changed 4+ dirty diapers, so I called his doctor to see if he could fit us in. He said he didn't have any appointments open, but he would call me when someone had a cancellation. Harve.y went the rest of the morning without holding anything down. I decided he needed some Pedialyte. I tried to put off going to the store for some until my Mom got out of school and could come watch him, but by 1 o'clock he was out of diaper wipes and disposable diapers, and going through them fast. We made it to the store and even the Pedialyte isle before he puked again, all over the floor. I stood there so no one would step in it, waiting for a sales associate to come by. When one finally did I apologized and told her my baby had just thrown up. She came back 5 minutes later and HANDED ME three paper towels, then walked away. No cleaner. No mop. Three paper towels. I did what I could, but in the end three paper towels just really wasn't enough. I stood there, with Harv.ey wimpering and trying to climb out of the cart into my arms, holding the nasty paper towels because there was no garbage can, trying to prevent anyone from stepping in the rest of it. Finally, another sales associate walked by and told me "there is a garbage can at the front of the store." Gee, thanks. I was so annoyed I just walked away.
We got home and Harv.ey was doing really well with the Pedialyte, keeping it down, having no more diaper problems. He had just fallen asleep when the doctor called me and told me they had had a cancellation. Not wanting to wake him up from his nap, and considering that he had been better in the afternoon, I decided to forgo the appointment, telling him I would come in tomorrow if Harv.ey still needed it.
I went out and put some water on the lawn while Harv.ey slept. I went downstairs to wash his dirty crib sheets and found a steady stream of water coming in from my laundry room ceiling. Turning off the sprinkler didn't help. Turning off the main water valve didn't help. I gathered up a power drill, hammer, bucket, and pair of pliers. I turned off the electricity, climbed on top of the washer, disconnected the florescent light, pulled down half of the laundry room ceiling, and found the leak. All of this with water literally pouring onto my face. I tightened up the loose joint, (I think I must have loosened it when I turned on the sprinkler) but couldn't get it all the way. Jed got it the rest of the way when he got home.
Finally, I put Harv.eys sheets in the wash. Not three minutes later, a suspicious burning smell was coming from the washing machine. Water must have gotten somewhere it shouldn't have and ruined the machine. Excellent.
At least Harv.ey is keeping food down now. And hey, I get a new washing machine.
Tomorrow: Buy new washing machine. Install. Wash laundry. See doctor. Go to pharmacy. Clean house. Water lawn. Care for sick baby. Grocery shop. Dry out floor boards above laundry room ceiling (Would a warming lamp work? A space heater? Ideas?) Possibly begin work on new ceiling. Uber fun day ahead. I can't wait to wake up.
1 comment:
I am IMPRESSED that you even tried to fix it!! I would have been like...uhm...TRAVIS!!!
I'm sorry Harvey is sick! I hope he's feeling much better tomorrow. Poor baby!
You should complain to the store manager. That's flippin unacceptable!! NOT TO MENTION if someone else had fallen! Ugh, that's terrible.
Hope your day doesn't such too bad tomorrow!!
Post a Comment