We celebrated Jed's 27th birthday on Friday. Twenty-seven, as you may know, is only 3 years away from 30. And 30, as I'm sure you know, is old. Jed has just three short years to enjoy what remains of his hair, and any chances he may have had of becoming an internet millionaire are probably already gone. If, at 27 he already likes to eat pot roast and read church books, just imagine how boring he will be at 60. You see why I worry?
He makes up for it though, by being the best husband and Daddy ever. And I'm not just saying that. He does more than his share of the cleaning around here without complaining, and he would cook if he knew how, I'm sure. He kept me from going completely insane during all the Adoption Drama by pretending to be confident, even when he was scared.
He comes in everyday and has lunch with Harvey. He spends every evening after work playing with Harvey. Harvey literally follows him from room to room around the house, copying what he does. Harvey won't go to bed unless Jed is the one putting him to sleep. He gets up with me when Harvey wakes up at night.
Harvey and I are lucky to have him.
On Saturday Jed and I spent the day raking leaves. (It takes the whole day. It's a small yard, but a big tree.) Harvey got to play in the backyard all day while we raked. We bought him a little pair of mittens and a striped hat with a pom-pom at the top, and Harvey looked so cute playing in the leaves with his dog. Halfway through the job Jed had to run to the store to buy some leaf bags. He came back with a big yellow Tonka truck for Harvey. Harvey was in heaven.
Earlier this week, Aunt Jenine and Harvey and I were shopping for presents. Jenine was carrying Harvey around the toy department and saw a dinosaur display. She took Harvey over to see it. Jenine pushed a button on the display and the dinosaur started moving his neck and roaring. Harvey could not get out of there fast enough. He was so scared. He was crying and clinging to Aunt Jenine. A few minutes later, in the girl section of the store, we walked past another display toy. This one was a little doll with a toilet. When you pushed the button on her display she would say "Mommy, I have to go pee pee." (I'm not making that up.) Harvey walked right up to that display and pushed the button all by himself. He loooovved that little doll. He jabbered about it and pointed at it and pushed the button repeatedly, and kept turning around to make sure I was behind him and I was seeing it too.
1 comment:
Jed sounds like you might as well keep him! :)
I'm actually slightly jealous. Mine is less helpful, but still good. But less helpful, this is sure.
Post a Comment