The other day, I was downstairs moving laundry around. Harvey was upstairs, and must have had a seriously urgent hankering for a nice PB & J. From the basement, I heard the sound of the kitchen chair screeching across the floor. Then a minute later, I hear Harvey at the top of the stairs, screaming "EEEEEEEEEEE!" and also "AAARRRUUGH!" and then, all of a sudden, something comes banging down the stairs. I raced right over to see what or, heaven forbid, who, has just been thrown down the stairs. Much to my relief, it was only the apricot jam. It was in a glass jar, but still...could have been worse, right? I look up the stairs at Harvey, who holds up the bread bag, and signs "Help?"
He must have pushed the kitchen chair over to the cupboard, so he could reach the bread, and then opened up the fridge and pulled the jam out.
Yesterday, we were all sitting in the backyard relaxing. Grandpa got out the hose and watered his garden for a minute. Harvey spotted the hose and insisted on helping. When Grandpa turned the water off (because A) it was cold and B) it was irrigation water, and Harvey was trying to drink) Harvey about had a melt-down. He held the hose for a long time and tried every word he could think of, very politely. "More?" "Help?" And then, he got a little more insistent. "HEEEELLLL-P!" "HEEEELLLL-P!" , so loud it made my eardrums vibrate. We very nicely said "Sorry, kiddo. No more." And so he pointed to the hose and tried "Drink?" in his sweetest voice.
As for Grey...When I first found out that I was going to have a baby boy, I thought to myself 'I hope he doesn't mind hand-me-downs.' Now, I'm starting to hope Harvey doesn't mind hand-me-downs. I wasn't planning on giving him baby food until he was 6 months, but a few weeks ago I started, because every time we sat down to eat he would scream for some food. Now, if I don't feed him fast enough, he reaches out to grab the spoon himself. He does a pretty good job of getting it to his mouth, too.
Jed has added about 20 new cabinet styles, as well as laminate counter tops to his business. He has done laminate before, with an old employer. It has been a long time, though, so last week he had to go up to Salt Lake for a refresher course. He is doing his "first" laminate job this week. I'm sure he'll be brilliant. If anyone wants new laminate counter tops you know who to call!
No comments:
Post a Comment