Thursday, August 13, 2009

This, I think, is my favorite time of year. Summer is finally cooling off around here. The air has just a hint of that summer sweetened straw smell. The very edges of the leaves, at the very end of the branches are starting to show just a little yellow. It reminds me of Minnesota. In Rochester, nearly every day I would walk downtown, past two old Indian men who always sat outside of their spice store, through the subway tunnels underneath the Mayo clinic, across the skyway bridge, to the library. I lurve me a good library. When Jed got home from work we would go fishing. We caught little crappie at a dam by our apartment, or bluegill at a gorgeous pond. At the pond, we always saw cranes or whitetail deer and once we saw a moose. It is almost enough to make me pack up my babys and go out for a Minnesota visit. Almost...

In addition to the end of summer, I also love:

Footsie pajamas
Dressing my boys alike
Garden tomatoes
Hammocks
Thanksgiving Point
Big porches
The crinkly sound of Harveys diaper when he's running
Greys kisses
Jeds job
Books
Books
Books
Very short naps
"Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!" (You know what I'm talking about.)
Cake, the band
Gone With The Wind
Fishing
Toothless smiles
Page, Arizona
Moab, Utah
Lilys, lilacs, and magnolias
Cow-licks
Boats

4 comments:

Jess said...

Love your list! :)

Have a great weekend!

Flint said...

love you

Elissa said...

yay to all those things! I hope this cool weather sticks around all the way through the end of October!

Cally Stephens-Nielson said...

Haha. You know it's a terrible post when your mom gets on and writes that she loves you.

It's a family blog! You guys don't actually expect content, do you?