2010 is starting off right at the Nielson house. The Christmas tree is cleaned up and the new toys have found their new home on the shelves.
Greys bottom two teeth finally came through and stayed. He is back to being my cheerful little squish again.
Jed spent the entire month of December doing a string of remodels for the same property owner. There was a lot of drama with every check he gave us, whether it wasn't as much as we needed for materials, or it came two weeks late, or it bounced when we tried to cash it. They all were enormous amounts, since we usually collect at the end of each kitchen, and here we were doing several kitchens at a time for the same guy. We finally collected the final amount he owed us today, and decided not to do business with him again unless we get 75% up front. Feels good not to worry about that anymore. Jed has had several phone calls today already, and he is out doing bids and making deals.
Harvey's horse riding lessons resume tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be happy to get back in the saddle. (Haha.) Three people have sworn to me that they had luck with a homeopathic allergy treatment we've been considering, so I think I will make an appointment at a wellness center in the next few days. We'll give it a try. Can't hurt, could help. I'm also going to try to eliminate as much prepackaged food as I can--for the whole family. Today I'm making several loaves of bread and freezing them. I'm going to can some more turkey tonight, and make some quick mixes. It will be easier to eliminate safflower oil and white corn and corn starch if I just make everything myself, I think. I'm also going to give soy milk a try, to cut caesing, and also egg substitue, to get rid of...well, egg. He had a great time in nursery yesterday. He loves it so much he waits by the door whenever he sees us all getting our church clothes on. (This is a great change. He used to hide in the closet before church. :P)
2 comments:
Well things are changing around your house. Harvey not in the closet but waiting at the nursery door. Harvey wearing pull-ups, not diapers. He even out ate Tagg at Carl's Jr. Celebrate the day!
Cally, if you want to talk about allergy testing and whole foods and such, feel free to give me a call. Your mom has my number.
We've done a lot of that with James. Some helped, some didn't. Of course, some we couldn't even get him to try (he was a bit older when we started).
We did LEAP sensitivity testing with James. I'm not sure how accurate it was, but it did help us pinpoint some things. We also had hair and urine analysis done. Found out he had a high lead level and a few other things.
Post a Comment