Perhaps you are thinking to yourself "It's about time Cally updated her blog." And you would be right.
Jed had another cancelled job today, so he got to take the day off. I put up a few ads for him and I am sure he will have something again by Friday. Today, though, he got to wake up early and take Grey to the doctor for me. He has a big patch of eczema on his back. Sad. He has also fallen from the 94th percentile in weight, to the 43rd percentile, and the 94th percentile in height to the 72nd. I attribute it to the crawling. In other news, he has learned how to go down the stairs. It scares the pants off me every time he scoots himself over to the staircase.
After the doctor, Jed took Harvey to his sisters house and he got to play with his cousins for the afternoon. I stayed home and wore my pajamas and drank hot coco in a bubble bath while angels serenaded me. (Not really, but that is how nice it felt to have the house to myself for the afternoon.)
Also, I have found my dream house. It is lovely, and in a few days I am going to put up some pictures. I was telling Jed all about it, today. I told him I would add a rod-iron fence around the yard, and a stackable washer and dryer in the master bedroom closet, and the floors would be hand-scraped mahogany, in 6 inch planks, and in the kitchen I would have one wall that was all windows with no upper cabinets, but on all the other walls the cabinets would be white, with a dark-glazed 3-inch crown (because 4 inches is just ostentatious, isn't it?) and a dark coffee-colored solid surface countertop. Except for the enormous island, which would have a dark glazed cabinet backed with wainscotting, and a white slab of manufactured stone for the countertop. And I would hang a copper pot hanger above it, and have a pretty little mixture of copper and cast iron pans, and all the appliances would be cabinet built-ins, with a antiquated custom hood over a gas cook top, next to a double oven. And the pantry would be big enough to walk in to and hold all of my food storage, with a deep freezer. Jed asked me what kind of floor I would want in the kitchen, and I told him flagstone, and he goes "Oh good, because if you had said heated travertine tile I would have been forced to divorce you on grounds of greediness."
I love that man.
5 comments:
Hahahahaha!! This post was worth waiting for. If I was able to take a bubble bath with a drink (gotta admit I'd want something stronger than cocoa! AND that this would only be after I cleared 600 bath letters out of our master bathtub) angels WOULD be singing, I'm PRETTY SURE. And the end, with the heated tile crack? CLASSIC.
You guys shoudl just really live in Ohio. Come on. We have...
Uhm...
Amish?
Jess, I have seen pictures of your backyard and I think you are forgetting one very important thing: corn. You have a lot.
Amish?? No similarities there.
Stackable washers and dryers really aren't designed for doing large loads of laundry. And with those two boys, you probably want something commercial sized.
Dad, OF COURSE there would be MULTIPLE washers and dryers in this house
Post a Comment