Monday, May 30, 2011

A few highlights of recent weeks:

Grey hates it when Harvey is at school. A week or two ago, he was anxiously waiting by the window for Harvey's bus to return, crying for "Ha-bee, Ha-bee" every few minutes. Finally Harveys bus pulled up. Grey was thrilled, pointing, begging me to let him out. I opened the door for Grey to go out and for Harvey to come in. They met halfway, on the porch. Harvey reached over, punched Grey, and walked inside.

Today, Harvey was rough-housing with some of the older kids in the neighborhood on the trampoline next door. Harvey laughed his guts out everytime some bigger kid rolled onto him, and Grey, who was sitting on my lap on a little garden stone next to their trampoline, would burst into tears because he thought Harvey was getting hurt.

Lately, Grey has an obsession with carrying bugs around my house in a dixie cup. Once or twice a day, we have to turn over some rocks in the backyard and collect worms, slugs, ants, and potato bugs. Yesterday, he was sick and fussy, but refusing to take a nap. Jed finally got him to sit still long enough to fall asleep by telling him that the worm in his cup wanted to "watch a show." Grey sat on the couch pointing his little dixie cup at the television long after he fell asleep.

This afternoon at the store, Harvey saw another little boy holding a balloon and begged and begged me for a balloon. I bought him one (he deserved it, he was being so good.) When we got to the check out line, his behavior changed and he was trying to punch and kick me. I said "Harvey you are being so mean to mommy, I am going to have to take away your balloon." Harvey said: "I hate balloons!!!"

And finally...
This last week, Grey could not find his Thomas the Choo-Choo train anywhere. I knew it was left at my Moms house last time we visited her. Grey kept pulling me up, tugging on my hands, begging me to find his lost choo choo. So I did it. Yep. I spent a solid hour looking for a choo choo I knew I wouldn't find.

3 comments:

Jess said...

LOL at the last one...what we don't do for our kids when they act all pathetic and cute! :)

Harvey punching his brother make sme giggle. Sounds like my house.

Flint said...

Mom here- looks like you are in deep and your odds of winning are grim. However your ability to put on an act searching for a train improves your odds of being victorious. Such a great life, really!

(winning is defined as keeping both boys happy at the same time.)

Pamela Knight said...

Just another day in the life of a regular wonderful family!!