It's nice to know where you fit on the love-line! About vacations with little kids: the first time we went to Yellowstone, I had nightmares for months previous to going. I was sure one of the kids(Elaine, specifically), would fall in the water or something. And I dreamed we left Lynette behind somewhere. The whole time we were actually there, I was paranoid and kept yelling at the kids to be careful and stay away from the edge! Then, inside the lodge, when my guard was down, Lynette (2 at the time), slipped away from Craig and got lost. That was a terrifying 10 minutes! So, anyway, I relate to what you are feeling!!
Strangely (or not so strangely) enough, this lodge incident is one of my earliest memories. And not just the kind you get from hearing stories. I'm talking about the real kind.
I remember I had gone with dad, James, and Elaine to go get ice from the ice machine, mom had stayed behind in the room.
While we were filling up the ice bucket, I decided I wanted to go back to mom. I told dad, but he said I should just wait until we were done, I specifically remember telling Elaine that I was going to go back.
But when I left I couldn't remember which door was ours, and even if I could find it, I realized, I couldn't reach the door knobs.
4 comments:
It's nice to know where you fit on the love-line!
About vacations with little kids: the first time we went to Yellowstone, I had nightmares for months previous to going. I was sure one of the kids(Elaine, specifically), would fall in the water or something. And I dreamed we left Lynette behind somewhere.
The whole time we were actually there, I was paranoid and kept yelling at the kids to be careful and stay away from the edge! Then, inside the lodge, when my guard was down, Lynette (2 at the time), slipped away from Craig and got lost. That was a terrifying 10 minutes!
So, anyway, I relate to what you are feeling!!
mommy and sandwiches seem about equal to me.
Strangely (or not so strangely) enough, this lodge incident is one of my earliest memories. And not just the kind you get from hearing stories. I'm talking about the real kind.
I remember I had gone with dad, James, and Elaine to go get ice from the ice machine, mom had stayed behind in the room.
While we were filling up the ice bucket, I decided I wanted to go back to mom.
I told dad, but he said I should just wait until we were done, I specifically remember telling Elaine that I was going to go back.
But when I left I couldn't remember which door was ours, and even if I could find it, I realized, I couldn't reach the door knobs.
A little later I was found.
Hey, you were BEFORE sandwiches?? Win.
Post a Comment