Sunday, August 24, 2008


Great Grandpa showing Harv.ey how to cause trouble.









We went to check out Roger's Hot Spring.




We didn't swim. Stupid amoebas.














It was the first time I saw the cave where my dad broke his leg last year.







We saw Lake Mead. Sort of. All of this used to be Lake Mead.





This dock was about halfway up the boat ramp. It was floating back in February. Sort of makes you wonder what Vegas will be drinking next year.
__________
Harv.ey doesn't get little colds. He gets Actually-Jed,-I-Think-That's-The-Thermometer-That-Doesn't -Go-Higher-Than-103 colds.

We went on a little trip this weekend. It would have been perfect, were it not for the aforementined cold. On Friday we drove to St. George and saw Les Miserables at Tuacahn. It was very good, I thought, and Harv.ey liked it too. He was polite and good the whole time. He just sat quietly on our laps and watched, and even clapped when everyone else did. (So cute.) By the end of the show he seemed like he might be a little warm, but it was 95 degrees outside, so I didn't worry about it.
He woke up the next morning with an obvious fever, so Jed and I swung by the pharmacy before we left town. We were going on to Nevada to spend some time with my Grandparents. We should have gone home then. That was our first mistake. It only got worse for the rest of the weekend. By Sunday morning at 3 AM Jed and I were doing the Tylenol/Bathtub/Motrin routine we have nearly perfected in the last 14 months.

Coincidentally, Harv.ey already had a doctors appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning (I have to get some paperwork signed by a doctor for Harv.eys ad.op.tion file) so I really wanted to get home in time for it. We left Nevada early this afternoon, which was our second mistake. Harv.ey vomited somewhere around Beaver, halfway through our trip. We pulled him out of his chair, cleaned him up, cuddled a bit, left his stinky clothes in a trash bin at a shady truckers station, and kept driving. The car smelled terrible the rest of the way home. Worse, though, was that I couldn't hold Harv.ey and make him feel better. I kept touching his head and tummy to make sure he wasn't getting a fever again, and he felt fine. When we finally got home and I lifted him out of his chair, though, his back and neck were burning. I think he must have had a fever the whole time, except I couldn't feel it because the A/C was blowing on his skin. Sad, sad, sad.

We did manage to have a bit of fun on Saturday afternoon, before he got terribly sick, though. Here are the pictures.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh, no! Poor Harvey!! You know, Ava never got fevers, but Ethan gets them whenever he is sick...I think some kids are just that way. I hope he's back to 100%!! Not much is sadder than a sick baby! :(

Looks like part of your trip was good, though...ALTHOUGH Jed cracks me up! He looks so unenthused!