Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More Boring Updates.( But I'm so glad my life is boring these days.)

Harveys HELP assessment with Kids On The Move is in 8 days. I'm supposed to be thinking of goals I would like to see Harvey accomplish in the next 6 months. So far I have this:

1. Harvey will be able to follow simple one-step directions 70% of the time. (Thats enough to show that he understands, don't you think? No kid follows directions 100% of the time, even if they do understand.)

2. Harvey will attempt to imitate language when appropriate. (i.e. Can you say flower?) Right now he really doesn't. He doesn't understand what I want him to do when I try to make him say words before I give him something.

I would like to make some sort of goal about Harvey gaining a specific number of words in the next 6 months, but I really have no idea what is reasonable. Fifty words in English? Ten words in sign language? Twenty words in either? I guess I will ask the speech therapist on the 10th.

Yesterday we went to visit my mom in the hospital. (She just had surgery.) Grandma was lying in bed and Harvey was strapped into his stroller, so he couldn't jump up on her and give her hugs and kisses like he normally does, so he sat in his little stroller and blew her kisses. It was very sweet.

Grey has finally lost his cradle cap and baby acne. His stork bites have faded a lot. He still has the lucky bald spot on the back of his head. He is very smiley and recently added giggling to his repertoire of adoreable skills. He laughed so hard when I was washing his tummy in the bathtub yesterday. (Tickleish!) Harvey started laughing at Greys laugh. It was so adoreable that Jed and I just had to laugh a little.

Jed has hired a Mia Maid to come over to the house a few times a week this summer and play with the boys, so I can have a chance to finish some writing projects. I'm so excited. I think I'll start going back to my critique group, and maybe even go to a retreat or two with the Deseret Book writers I went with last year. My writing league is adding a screenwriting guild, and I'll take that opportunity to learn something new. Exciting. I'll actually be able to think about grown-up thoughts. Nothing too serious, of course, but something besides legos, teething rings, and who needs what size of diaper. (These boys really keep me on my toes.)

On Sunday we had dinner with Steve and Deanna Leetham. Harvey REALLY liked their trampoline.

A little bug has been going around. Harvey has it. Last night he got sick and has had some low-grade fevers today. I'm hopeing tonight is better, and Grey doesn't get it. I've been trying to keep them seperated today, but its probably too late for that.

2 comments:

Jess said...

There's something other than legos and diapers? Huh....

Feel better Harvey! GL with keeping it from Grey!

anette said...

I wish I could have heard the two boys laughing together. Their laughing is just a sign of great days ahead.Harvey's sweet kisses made my day, I've been missing him and need some more of those kisses.