Monday, June 15, 2009

Jed and I were sitting in the backyard, unloading sand into the sandbox. All the sudden we heard a woman screaming. We went into the front yard and peeked out to the end of the cul-de-sac, to see one man pounding mercilessly on another man, and a woman screaming at them to stop. We were dumbfounded for about 4 seconds. We headed over to the truck to get the cell phone, when the one man went down on the driveway. I think he was unconscious. Then, the winner (winner???) turned around and I could only see his back, and all the sudden the pregnant woman starts screaming again, a crying/pain scream, and then "You just HIT ME! YOU JUST HIT ME! I'M PREGNANT." Jed took off running towards them. I was screaming for him to GET! BACK! HERE! NOW! And calling the police at the same time. By the time he got there, the guy on the driveway was awake, and the first guy had his head twisted around to an almost 180 degree angle. There was blood on the concrete and the pregnant ladys white shirt. Luckily, Jed was able to calm everyone down without hitting anyone, or getting hit, for that matter. If he wasn't such a stud, I'd be furious.

I gotta get out of this neighborhood.

Will make a real post tomorrow. I've lost the camera again.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Freaking YIKES Cally, I'd have been yelling the same thing at Travis if he'd gone running into that!

GET THEE A NEW HOME STAT!

Pamela Knight said...

That's what cell phones are for!!!! And brooms!!!

LaDawn said...

Oh my goodness, Cally, I know just how you feel. Craig did something very similar a couple of times when we lived in a scary apt complex. He always wanted to be the hero, and I was always scared to death that he'd end up the victim!

Elissa said...

wow--how terrifying!