Last night at 2 AM I was still up working on my manuscript. (Ahhhh...quiet time.) It's a good thing, too, because right about that time I got a text message from my sister asking me if it was okay to go to the hospital when her contractions were 10 minutes apart. We talked on the phone and texted for half an hour, and then I decided to get in my car and drive out to her house.
We sat up all night talking very quietly, timing her contractions, not really watching a terrible vampire show, and just generally trying to stay distracted. It is nice having a sister. For an all-nighter, it was pleasant. (She would disagree, of course.) At 6 AM she got Brandon out of bed and went to the hospital, where she is now. I am about to go to her house and give it a good scrub so they can all come home to a nice clean house.
I am super excited about this little niece because she is my sister's first baby. Keep your fingers crossed today.
And happy Labor Day!
2 comments:
I hope by now that congratulations are in order! :D
It's so nice having two daughters who take care of each other. You and her are lucky to have each other.
Post a Comment