
Thing 1 has started to pick up a few words spontaneously. This seems like a big deal to me, because in the past we have had to really work for every word. It's definitely still not a typical pattern of language development, but I am encouraged. He is really into trains right now. On Sunday, he was playing with a train set at Grandma's house and he laid a long pattern of one curved track facing right, and then one facing left and so on.
Thing 2 is in the habit of giggleing in his sleep. He laughs until he wakes himself up, and then keeps right on going. I have had to put him to sleep five or six times for the last few nights because of this. If it wasn't so adoreable it might get a little frusterating. He is trying hard to crawl, but usually just ends up with one leg stuck behind him and one pokeing out in front.
Spent a small fortune at Barnes and Noble today. Seriously. A lot of stinkin dollars. In my defense: I walked around the store pulling books off the shelves that I have been wanting to read for ages; then I felt guilty and so went over to the Childrens section and replaced all of them except two with children's books. I had planned on walking next door and buying myself some new clothes too, but after I got the reciept from the bookstore I thought I better break it up into two trips so there would be less chance of a Jed-breakdown. Wise, don't you think? In any case I've got my two books so I'm as happy as a tornado in a trailer park without my new clothes this week.
Will put up more pictures of the zoo later. My connection is slow right now.
3 comments:
That makes me lol about Grey at night. How happy he must be. Looking forward to see your new clothes NEXT wee. hahaha
Just wanted to say Hey! Hope all is well with you all. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Have a great weekend. Take care. Love all the fun things you do with your family and the Things!
Hahaha at Grey (literally!)....he must have the best dreams!
I always want to spend a fortune on books, too...I feel your pain. If only the kids didn't love them SO DANG MUCH! :)
I vote new clothes on Monday!
Post a Comment