Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I have no pictures to share. That's why I haven't posted for a few days. I've missed a lot of great photo-ops, too. I think getting both boys out the door and into the van with all of their clothes on (Leave them on! Merciful heaven! Just for five minutes!) is tricky enough, and I always forget about the camera.

On Saturday we went to cousin Andy's birthday party up the canyon. The kids played with a piniata and Harvey gave Andy a bionicle. Mostly, Harvey just wanted to wander around the trails and sidewalks.

That evening we went to the Scarecrow festival. Harvey loved riding the little train. Uncle Enoch stood in line forever so that Harvey could ride the train. He loved it and would have stayed on all night if he could have. A few minutes after our train ride was over, we were walking around the pumpkin patch when a groundskeeper drove by in a mule cart. Harvey must have thought it was the train, because he rushed up to it faster than lightning. The groundskeeper screeched the cart to a stop, and Harvey climbed up and sat down next to him, waiting for his ride to start. So much for stranger-danger.

Grey is able to scoot and sometimes crawl all around the house now. He is still the happiest little baby alive.

Since I have been babysitting my niece two days a week, my sister and mom are watching Harvey and Grey on Tuesday's so Jed and I can go on a date. (It's a nice date night around here, where all the restaraunts have an hour wait on a weekend, and Jed has no time card to punch in the morning.) Harvey loves spending time with his Grandma. Grey, though, doesn't do very well with a bottle. This might be because Harvey is absolutely thrilled that bottles are starting to appear around the house again and is constantly taking them away. (What am I going to do about that?) This week we are going to see The Little Shop of Horrors with Jed's siblings.

Sunday is Creed's mission farewell. The big date is looming closer and closer. I try not to remind him every time I see him how sad I am about this whole mission thing. My poor mother must be feeling so much worse.

I am also getting ready to host a murder mystery dinner for Halloween. Yesterday we took the boys to the Halloween store and went kinda crazy. I just love Halloween.





Oh, and also...
BERLIN (Reuters) – A German man mooning at railway staff in a departing train got his trousers caught in a carriage door and ended up being dragged half naked along the platform, out of the station and onto the tracks.
The 22-year-old journalism student shoved his backside against the window of a low-slung double-decker train when staff forced him off in Lauenbrueck for traveling without a ticket, a spokesman for police in the northern city of Bremen said.
"It's a miracle he wasn't badly hurt," the spokesman said on Monday. "This sort of thing can end up killing you."
Instead, dangling by his trousers, the man got pulled along for about 200 meters, all the while managing to keep his legs away from the wheels of the train.
The ordeal ended when a passenger pulled the emergency brake. Rescues services were called in, causing rail services between Bremen and Hamburg to be suspended for over an hour, delaying 23 trains.
The man -- unharmed except for cuts and bruises -- now faces charges of dangerous interference in rail transport, insulting the train staff, and may face sizeable a compensation claim for the delays he caused, police said.
"He was full of remorse when I talked to him," the spokesman said. "And he advised others not to try the same thing."


You're welcome.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am suprised that has not happened to your brother!!! (YET)

Pamela Knight said...

Okay random about the railroad story. Cool about all you get to do with your family. Would love to learn more about the dinner/mystery. Heard of them but never done one. Funny little quirky Harvey. And can't believe Thing 2 ready to rumble around your home. Have a great day.

Cally Stephens-Nielson said...

Lindsay, Jake is exactly who I thought of when dad sent me that story.

Pam, I will make a post about the party! Hope you guys are having a nice fall!

anette said...

Jake was the first person I thought of when I read the article. :)

I got my feelings hurt when I read how Harvey just ran to a stranger and sat by him. I thought he only did that with grandma (me).

Loved the cars on the oven door. Most of all I just love your kids.

Jess said...

HAHAHAHA about that story!

Sounds like you are busy.

Feel you on the whole....taking the clothes off thing! Egads!

Love the pics above, esp the cars on the stove! :)