Saturday, October 31, 2009








Last night was the Halloween Party. I think it was a lot of fun, although the murder mystery part did not go as well as I had hoped. It could be because of the party I choose. I picked one that was for adolescents, because A. It had a fun halloween theme, and B. The adult ones were all very adult, if you know what I mean. Also, we couldn't really stay in character very well because we were all busy taking care of kids, too.

At the very beginning on the party, Count Dracula picked Tiger #1 (Harvey) up. He freaked out and started crying. Said crying ensued for the next 2 hours. Harvey was so scared of Dracula, and overwhelmed by everyone being there in costume, that he just wanted to stay in his room and cry and watch Sesame Street. He wanted me or Sherlock Holmes to stay with him. Tiger #2 insisted on being held the whole time. So Sherlock Holmes and I alternated comforting Tiger #1 and holding Tiger #2 and attempting to host the party. Needless to say, the root beer ran out of dry ice, the soup got cold, and the appetizers were served at the same time as dinner. But it was still yummy. The Mad Hatter ate six bowls of soup, and Snow White took a big bowl home.

Tiger #1 finally warmed up towards the end of the night, and I think the highlight of the whole party for me was when I heard him cracking up laughing inside the tent with his cousins. Just cracking up. A close second was when little vampire Kyra came to me and said "Aunt Cally, Harvey just took me back in his room and there was a whole bunch of candy back there and Harvey said "go ahead and eat some candy, Kyra" so I ate some. And then Harvey said 'you can have some more candy, Kyra, have all you want.' and so I ate it all." And to think I didn't even know Harvey could say "Kyra." Heh. It was great. I gave a little Transformer a bag of candy, and a few seconds later he came walking out of the garage, only his poor little eyes are so crossed I couldn't tell at all where he was going, and surprised me with a hug.

There were four little cousins dressed up as tigers, and we wanted to get a picture of them. Unfortunately, Lauren's diaper leaked and so she had to take her costume off before we got one. I sent Juliet into Tiger #2's bedroom for a new diaper, forgetting that The Chesire Cat was sleeping in there, so he woke up. The Queen of Hearts lost a shoe in the leaves I never got aroung to raking, and Red Riding Hood spent half the party in the bathroom with "morning sickness."

Oh well. It will be a fun memory for the kids, at least.

The camera finally gave up the ghost (haha) after just two pictures last night, so I have to wait for Prince Charming to send me some more. I will get some up after we go trick-or-treating tonight, though!

3 comments:

Pamela Knight said...

If nothing else you mad me laugh!! It still sounds like fun. Can't wait for more pics. Happy Day and hope this helped with transition of your family being spread far and wide.

Jess said...

Sounds like a good party to me, anyway! :)

anette said...

I love reading your blog!