Thursday, December 17, 2009

Last night my sister and brother-in-law came over to babysit the boys while Jed and I went on a date. I fixed everyone some spaghetti before we left. Grey and Harvey love spaghetti noodles and ate a ton. Just as we were about to leave, Grey started getting a little fussy and rubbing his nose. A minute later he sneezed and AN ENTIRE SPAGHETTI NOODLE came out his nose. I cleaned him up, comforted him a minute, and handed him back over to Jenine only to see him start rubbing his nose again, and sure enough, he sneezed again, and sure enough... another noodle. I know it's gross, but it was just such a little boy thing to happen that I couldn't help but laugh.

Speaking of gross, on Tuesday night, (just after his allergy test) Harvey had weird 6-hour illness, and vomited no less than 20 times. Really. I am having to have the carpets shampooed because of it. That's how ridiculous it got. Poor kid. It was really sad. He is better now, though. He woke up just fine the next morning, demanding that I seperate his Oreo's before I serve them to him. His usual adoreable little self....

On our way home from our date last night, when we were just a few blocks away from home, the car in front of us hit a dog. Knowing that Jenine, a vet tech, was at my house, I pulled over and picked up the dog. Jenine said the dog looked okay. She was bleeding under her chin, but it was just a little road rash. She was limping, but her leg was not broken, and she was in shock. She would spend the night in our kitchen, and in the morning Jenine would come pick her up and take her to work to scan her for a microchip. On her way home from our house, though, Jenine saw a little girl and her mom crying and looking lost. Jenine asked them if they had lost a dog, and then brought them back to my house to pick her up. A little brother and the Dad came in too, and they were just crying so much and hugging us spontaneously, I was starting to get a little uncomfortable. I am glad they got their little dog back. It was a little miracle that we saw the dog get hit, and that the dog was okay, and that Jenine happened to see the owners while she was driving past.


P.S. Got the results of Harvey's allergy test. Am getting a second opinion and possibly (sigh) another allergy test.

1 comment:

Jess said...

OH MY GOSH LOL at the spaghetti noodles out the nose story! I. Love. It!! :)

What were the results of his test??

I'm sorry about all the sick Ugh.