Grey is old enough now that he is starting to be more like a kid, and less like a growth on my hip. My manuscript is almost done. As a result of these two things, I am starting to have thoughts again. Thoughts that aren't about diapers. And those thoughts, for the most part, fall into two catergories: reading, and writing. Sometimes I want to post those thoughts here. (Wait! Don't stop reading. Please, just finish this paragraph.) But then I don't want to bore you. (As if this blog is such a riot anyway.) I know, though, that you are here because you want to see cute pictures of my kids. Nevertheless, if I hope to get an editor anytime in the semi-near future, there should probably be a website with correct punctuation and coherent thoughts that I could direct them to. The problem is this: two blogs? really? do I really want to be that kind of girl? do I even have time for that? I mean, my family blog still has a Thanksgiving background. Really, I have to draw the social networking/internet presence line somewhere. (Ahem: Twitter. You will never catch me twittering.)
All of this is just to say that I have come to the conclusion that I must delete my facebook account. When you see it disappear, you will know that I have started my writing blog, and it's not because I hate you and so I deleted our connection on facebook. I will post a link on the sidebar in case you want to read the writing blog. Hahahhahahahahaha. Sigh. My mom will. At least my mommy will. I think. (Mommy, are you still reading this blog?)
P.S. The blog won't be password protected, but because of the circumstances surrounding Harveys adoption, I will be using a pen name there. So, if you do decide to hop over, (hahahahahhaha) don't blow my cover. Call me Ishmael.
6 comments:
Whatever you say, Ishmael.
I have.....5 (and a half) blogs. What does that make me? Oh. I'm "that girl" aren't I?
CRAP! :)
Well I feel like a heel. Sorry. I guess that came out clumsily.
The difference between your blogs and mine, Jess, is that people actually read yours. I keep one blog that 10 people a year read, and what exactly is the purpose of adding another one?
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of those folks who keep seperate blogs about their shoe collection and their skirt collection, and their cupcake decorating, and their home makeover, and then there is the one written from their cats perspective, and one for each kid, and one for their disputes with their mother-in-law.
Besides, you live in Celina, Ohio--where you either blog, or scheme new and intersting ways to make crop circles. Haha. J/K.
HAHAHAHA!
Oh my gosh, don't feel like a heel....you are so right. You DO have to blog or lose your sanity. Esp if you are at home with two two year olds 24/7. No joke, I'm glad I started out pretty smart (tooting my own horn much?) cause I'm SURE that I've knocked at least 10-15 IQ points off by doing this whole thing. I'm always impressed that you write! I'm more "derrrrr, here's some pictures!" lately! A book? I'd like to just READ one let alone WRITE one! :)
I do cheat, though, with the blogs. The one is the IF/Adoption one, and then I have a family blog and another blog that we use mostly just Rachel and I to keep up with each other and share stuff like that. That's three right there, and then the religious one. The other is a venting blog that I have with a friend. That we never use, cause she has two two year olds too. Ha!
I've never made crop circles, BUT we did do a lot of toilet-papering in our day. And bonfires. Ah, I love a good bonfire.
Word on the street is that our area has one of/maybe the highest underage drinking rate in the country. Uhm, yeah. It's cause it's Celina, people! LOL!
I'm impressed Iskhmael. :) With two kiddos I barely have time to check my email! I've been mourning the loss of my free time lately.
Make sure I get connected to your writing blog. I'd call the facebook trade for a writing blog a AWESOME trade.
Don't feel bad, Cally, I don't think even my MOM reads MY blog! :-)
Post a Comment