Grey just took his first steps. He was holding onto Harvey's shirt and Harvey was backing away. Then Harvey got tired of having his shirt pulled, so he yanked it away and Grey walked without it. I think this has been the fastest year of my life. Grey just walked, did I mention that?
Unfortunately, Thing 2 has been about as cranky a baby as I have ever seen lately. He has developed an amazingly high-pitched scream that rattles my eardrums. He doesn't even bother whining, anymore--just goes straight for the scream. He was doing pretty good about sleeping in his bed, but now he has this new X-man sense, where he can be in the middle of a REM cycle , and I start thinking about maybe someday in the futurelaying him down, and he starts with the screaming.
A spot opened up for Grey in the childcare provided during Harveys preschool class, so now Harvey and I will get to go on Tuesdays and Thursdays to preschool, and horse riding on Fridays. I am learning a ton in these classes, (and so is Harvey, but mostly me) so it will be good. Jed is taking the Floor Time class on Wednesday nights, which I took last fall. He couldn't go then because he had scouts, and since I have already taken it I am going to my writing class instead.
Had Harvey and Grey at the doctor for a pinprick allergy test. Harvey was wearing a onesie, and so I had to take his pants off so they could get to his back. After the test he was wearing a onesie (unbuttoned) and a diaper. The doctor and I were talking about the results of the test. I was holding Grey on my lap while Harvey was watching the little movie playing in the room (because they had to sit in this room for 20 minutes while we waited for the test to work.) All the sudden I heard the door creak open, and I look up and Harvey's diaper and onesie are on the floor, and Harvey is streaking down the hall toward the reception desk, as fast as he could go. I jumped up, without even thinking, handed Grey to the doctor, abandoned the conversation mid-sentence, and chased him down. Luckily I caught him before he got to the waiting room, but still, quite a few people saw his little tooshie. (Yes, I did just change tense in the middle of this paragraph, and no the story did not make perfect sense. So what? )
We went to the pool on Saturday and both the boys had the time of their lives. Maybe my dad will send me some pictures.
Meanwhile, enjoy this video of Harvey teasing his brother. (
2 comments:
Congrats to Grey on the walking! Geesh!!
The dr's office story is HILARIOUS. Don't you love it? Admit it, it's kind of satisfying in a funny way!
Also satisfying is that video...it's the best when they laugh together, isn't it?
These two boys are going to be sooooomuch trouble together. oi
Post a Comment