What a beautiful weekend. Saturday morning we tagged along with Jed while he did a few bids, and went to a Nielson Family Reunion in the afternoon. In the evening we went over to Grandma's house, and grandpa gave the boys tractor rides and Grey actually managed to corner the chickens and almost caught them.
Today was a nice testimony meeting at church, and then we went to nursery, where someone-very-small-and-cute-who-shall-not-be-named magically roundhouse kicked three other smallish people in the head. Two timeouts later, we left church. Early.
This may be blasphemous to say, but I'm pretty sure if the bishop would take my 17-month old and work the library for me, I could manage the rest of the ward by myself without too many problems. And I'd probably make it to relief society more often.
After church we went back over to Grandpa's, and had dinner and took naps. And then we went outside to roast marshmallows and chase chickens again, and the sun was setting and so the whole backyard had this happy orange glow. It was lovely.
When we finally got home after 9 o'clock tonight, Harvey rushed up to the porch and hugged the patio post for a long time. It's a humble little house, but I think it's safe to say he was happy to be home.
It's going to be a lucky week at the Nielson house. I have a feeling.
2 comments:
This post made me smile and smile and smile! :)
I think it is so precious about hugging the post.
Post a Comment