Harvey and I are trying to keep ourselves entertained until the weather and inversion improve. Clyde the dog has been running freely around the house lately, so Harvey has someone little to play with. We have been on a few play dates and went back to the church playgroup. He was very happy in nursery on Sunday.
Last night Harvey was exploring the mechanics of Jeds recliner and got his fingers jammed. It was a really strange-looking injury, and for awhile we were worried that he might have a broken finger. (It seems perfectly fine today, but if Thing 2 turns out to be half as busy/curious as Thing 1, we might save money and stress just buying our own X-ray machine.)
Last week I was putting up some ads for the business and I saw a few jobs that sounded right up Jed's ally. We weren't looking for a job, but construction is slow and Jed rarely has to work more than 20-30 hours a week, so really it wouldn't be too hard to manage the business and have a job.
Jed decided to fax in his resume and see what happened. He got a call and an interview on Friday and was offered a job measuring attics and selling insulation. Right now (until 2011), two local energy companies are offering almost 100% rebates to people who update the insulation in their homes. How hard can it be to sell a product that is essentially free, right? It sounds like good enough money to make it worth Jeds time, especially since he can arrange his own appointments and work it around his cabinet schedule. Jed and I discussed it all over the weekend, and he called them back yesterday to accept the position. He started today.
Right after he accepted, though, he got a call from another company that wanted to schedule an interview. We were much more excited about this job, because he doesn't have to generate his own sales, and they have good health insurance. (Right now we buy private health insurance, which is not fun.) Again, Jed could make his own appointments for the most part, and still do cabinets and tops. He is going in for that interview tomorrow, and if it sounds better than the first job, he will take it instead.
We'll see how it all works out. Since he doesn't have to quit a day job, we've really got nothing to lose.
Also, it looks like he has 2 countertops to build.
Also, I am going to be having a baby soon.
Three jobs, a 19-month-old, and a baby. We better get things figured out quick, huh?
3 comments:
Eh....things will figure themselves out! ;)
No, really, it will be fine! You're going to be making Harvey a big BROTHER soon!! How magic is that? He's going to have a SIBLING to live with ALL THE TIME!! (Uh, many many apologies if he has a bio sibling already, but I didn't think he did? We of all people totally do not devalue bio siblings!) It's going to be FABULOUS! And fabulously crazy, but hey, fabulous on both accounts! hehehe
Good luck with the job stuff!! Go Jed, GO! :D
It's so exciting! A baby and a toddler! I'm glad it's you and not me! Just kidding. I had my time and I really did enjoy my kids. Maybe not every minute, but I'd say almost every minute! And, am I now enjoying teenagers? Hmmmm. Let me think about that one! :-)
I'll be anxiously waiting the news!
Aunt LaDawn
PS Do you need another quilt or are you inundated with baby things?
We have a TON of baby things right now! The quilt you made for Harvey is so beautiful, though, and amazingly it still looks very nice, even though Harvey uses it a lot.
I can't believe how big your kids are getting!
Post a Comment