Monday, April 6, 2009

Portraits
























































We went to the park to have our portraits taken. Harvey just wanted to run around gathering up pine cones and organizing them into little piles on the picnic table, and I just wanted to sit nicely and smile for pictures, so there was a definite conflict of interest. In the end, though, we both mostly got what we wanted. I got my portraits (although there wasn't a lot of smiling) and Harvey got to play with his pinecones (although he didn't get to stay FOREVER.) The portraits still have to be edited and cropped and printed, ect, so these are not them. This is just a little preview snapped with my junky little, half-broken camera.


When we were driving to Babies-R-Us to pick up these shirts, Grey was crying in the car. (He hates the car.) Harvey was looking very concerned about his little brother, and started kicking the back of my seat and pointing at Grey. He was pretty worried, so I stretched my arm back and rubbed Greys head a little to try to comfort him. Harvey pushed my hand away and started rubbing Greys head for me. (Thanks, buddy.) After awhile it didn't work, though, so Harvey stuck his fingers in his ears and looked out the window.


A few days ago, we were watching some TV, and a Ford Truck commercial came on, with Toby Keith singing. Harvey also stuck his fingers in his ears then. I wonder where he learned that.

3 comments:

Jess said...

LOL at the fingers in the ears. When Ethan cries or throws a fit Ava pats him and says "shhh! shhhh! SHHHH!" with increasing urgency. Ha!

I like the pics, do we get to see the final portraits? The one of you four is pretty good, even for a snapshot!! Is Grey missing a sock? Hahaha! Gotta take what you can get is what I always say! :D

Cally Stephens-Nielson said...

Of course I will put the final portraits up here, as long as I have an electronic copy. Heh. I didn't notice that Grey was missing a sock in the portrait. We can't be too picky around here. I wonder if they can photoshop a sock in? If not, at least it will be an AUTHENTIC picture. We will always remember how chaotic everything was. heh.

Harvey would never look at the camera and Grey was screaming because of the sunlight. Chaos. And yet, I know I'll definitely be missing these days the minute Harvey starts kindergarten.

anette said...

Harvey plugs his ears when he hears country music and dances when he hears rock and roll. He has strong musical preferences in his music, and a low tolerance level for his brother. I wonder what will happen if I start singing?