Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I had a whole bunch of pictures to put up today, but at the moment, blogger is putting up the entire code on each one, so I think I'll save them for later.

This weekend we went to Jed's sister's home for a Nielson Thanksgiving. I made a birthday cake for Jed and I think he had a fun time. Harvey had a lot of fun being around his cousins, but for some reason he doesn't play with his Nielson cousins the way he plays with Katie. I think this might be because there are so many. The kids older than Harvey all tend to play together, and the kids younger than Harvey tend to play by themselves.

The grown-ups played guitar hero. I gave it a try, and am happy to say I stink at it.

Harvey had a horseriding lesson this morning, and now they are having a month and a half break for the holidays. Harvey does so great. They talked about teaching him to recognize and name letters when he comes back, so maybe i will put some letters in The Learning Box and see if we can give him a head start at home.

I tried to put a pull-up on Harvey yesterday. He plopped himself down on the floor with a sad, sad face and refused to move until I took it off.

Everytime I walk into church, or the grocery store, or horse-riding lessons, everyone around me starts smiling. I know that it is because Grey is just grinning his big toothless grin at everyone we pass by. He is just so chubbily adoreable, someone ought to paint a naked picture of him on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with a little halo over his head. He and Harvey love to play together, and they do pretty good usually. Sometimes, they just sit there grinning and laughing at each other, not really sure what to do. Those times usually end badly. Eventually, Grey will get a fistful of Harvey's hair and try to pull his entire face into his mouth. Or Harvey will get so excited he leans right in to Grey and tips him over. It will be good when Grey is a little more durable, but I am dreading the stage where Grey is walking but tipsy...That will be interesting.

Pictures later.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Interesting it will be, for sure. It'll be ok, though. Fun even.

sounds like things are going decent! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!