Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Took both boys to the doctor today. They looked so stinkin cute sitting there in their little diapers at the doctors office.

Harvey has lost a pound and a half since the Tylenol incident, but I'm 90% sure it's because he no longer gets any sippys/bottles/water bottles/straw cups whatsoever. His ear was not occluded, so I guess the language thing is going to be a bit more complicated, but we can work it out. The doctor told me he would have told me to call Kids-On-The-Move if I hadn't already. The director at Kids-On-The-Move called me to set up his meeting, and we scheudled it for June 10th. I've decided that I am going to try to get him the maximum amount of help available, without being one of the annoying parents. An occupational therapist is coming by on Friday for an evaluation. I'm sure he doesn't need occupational therapy, but I guess they just give all the evaluations to all the kids, and again I'll just take whatever we can get as long as Harvey is not overwhelmed. Harvey had his last set of immunizations until Kindergarten and he was very brave.

Grey had his first set of immunizations, and was also very brave. (For a second, both the nurse and I thought he was going to smile right through the shots.) His injection site got really red, tender, puffy and warm for about an hour or two, but it seems to be better now. He weighed 15 pounds! He is such a smiley little lump. He is such a Mommys boy. Frankly, he is not a big fan of Jed. He does like to smile at his big brother, though.

Sometimes, during the day, when Jed is working in the garage with the door open, and I am staying in the kitchen, I leave the back door open and let Harvey wander in and out of the (fully fenced) backyard. (I can see him out the kitchen window.) He has been dragging a lot of rocks in from outside lately. Today, I went into his bedroom and found 9 rocks, organized into 3 piles of 3 according to size. He put the smallest three in the top cubby in his closet, the middle three in the middle cubby, and the biggest three on the bottom. I dismissed it as a coincidence, gathered up the rocks, and put them on the counter so I would remember to take them back into the backyard later. A few hours later, I found the rocks in his closet again, organized exactly as they had been before....

This is from the kid who doesn't talk much. What am I supposed to do with this child? Does he need Early Intervention, or third grade math?

3 comments:

Jess said...

You know, Ethan wasn't really a fan of Travis for the longest time either. It passes. Usually. Ish. :)

I looove that Harvey did that with the rocks!! Outstanding!

More help can't hurt, though, even if they just say "he's fine" after a little while. And I'd put my money on "he's fine" in the end, for sure!

anette said...

I'm thinking 3 grade math and get the times tables done at the same time.

I was watching kids play baseball today and thought of how badly I wanted Creed to play baseball because he had a dead eye aim and a strong throwing arm. He would have nothing to do with baseball BUT boy did he love,love,love soccer. And he has just as strong kicking leg as he had in a throwing arm. Kids just come wired to be themselves, and that is what makes life grand.

Pamela Knight said...

He is just a boy!!! And has a good thinker built in. Maybe he'll be an engineer or look for buried treasure! Happy Day. It will be nice after the O.T. is at your home. Harvey is getting great attention and you'll see that he is going to be just fine.