I think I finally have a minute to sit down and write a few things about the pictures. And I added a few captions below.
The wedding was lovely, and went off without a hitch. (Well, okay, there were a few hitches, and obviously one "hitch" but you get the idea.) My brothers-and-sisters-in-law were really great about putting this wedding together. Sometimes it's hard for us to really function like a family, because, for all intents and purposes, there are no parents, and you'd be surprised how much that makes a difference. But this weekend, everyone really pulled together and made it a beautiful day for Tiffany. Everyone did a lot, spent some money, worked for hours, and nobody complained.
The day started for us at 7 AM when we woke up to pack a few more things into the van and drive the 2 hours to Manti. We dropped the boys off at the children's room and rushed upstairs. It was nearly 1 by the time we got out, collected the babies, stood in pictures, and got back into the van. There wasn't enough time to drive all the way home before the luncheon started, so we camped out at Uncle Shane's house for an hour or two and had some quiet time. By 4 we were back at the church setting up, the luncheon started at 5, and the reception at 6;30. We didn't finish cleaning up until about 10:30, and didn't get home until 11:30, so it was a really, really long day for the boys.
Immediately after the actual wedding in the temple, we sealed Jed's grandmother to her parents (Jed's great-grandparents.) We had a really neat experience that I will never forget. As soon as we stepped out of the sealing room, Jed leaned over and whispered to me "I think it's safe to say old Florence was pretty happy about THAT." And she certainly was.
4 comments:
You did a great job. You'll have to let me know what you would do different on the cake, it was beautiful and I don't know how to make it any better for Ashly. I'm glad you have some great pictures of Jed's family.
Oh Cally, that cake is ADORABLE! I LOVE it! What would you do differently?
Again, the pics are wonderul!
I love all the pictures! What a beautiful family.
I especially like the one of your little family in front of the temple. It looks like it was a perfect day!
What I will change next time I do a cake
1. Set the icing one day and refrigerate overnight before putting on the decorative icing. Because when you make a mistake, it is so much easier to fix when the base icing is set really well.
2. Set the sugar beads directly into the layer of base icing. That little drop of icing really looks sloppy.
3. Buy some beads or flowers or something to put around the cake topper.
4. Use one of those roll on patterns. (I tried to free-hand all the flowers.)
Post a Comment