Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Well, I was hoping that if I waited until Wednesday to update, we would have Creeds mission call to announce, but it didn't come. I'm sure it will be here next week.

Jed spent a few days in Minnesota last week. He and Andrew drove from Minneapolis to Chicago for Adams wedding, and then back to Rochester. Jed stayed with Kyle and Molli in Rochester for a night, and then went back up to Minneapolis and home. He got some really great pictures of Minnesota, but it means I didn't get any pictures of the boys this week.

The boys and I spent a lot of time at Grandmas house while he was gone. Grandpas kitchen is inundated with cherries from one very enthuastic cherry tree he has in his front yard. I spent all day yesterday slaving over those cherries, picking them, pitting them, cooking them, and ended up with 4 pathetic jars of cherry syrup. Remind me not to do that next year.

Harvey was also very good at helping pick the cherries. He would pick just one at a time, and then rush over to put it in Uncle Creeds bucket, then go pick another one.

Grey rolled over while Jed was gone, but he hasn't done it since then. I'm sure I should be leaving him on the ground more.

I will try to put up a few pictures of Jeds trip, and some of Harvey picking cherries. Be sure to check in next Wednesday for Creeds mission call!

2 comments:

Jess said...

You just took me back to high school choir with "Music of the Night" on your player.

Yay for rolling over!

Yowza for the cherries. I would have just eaten them. I'm lame. And lazy. Hmmm, I just wrote that about something else on someone else's blog. Should I worry?

Cally Stephens-Nielson said...

Oh, trust me I ate some. A bunch. There are about 60 gallons of cherries there. I hate to see them fall of the tree and rot, so you have to pick them...Then you hate to see them sit in your kitchen and rot, so you give them to every living neighbor and relative you have, eat until your stomach aches, and what to do with the leftover 30 gallons....?