Thursday, February 19, 2009

Half of Harveys toys have gone missing lately. Mr. Potato Head is down to one eyeball, all of his shape-sorter blocks are gone, most of his little people have vanished, and the bag of blocks I made him for Christmas has disappeared. I cleaned his room today, under his bed, in his closet, organized his dresser, and still didn't find them.

I searched the new baby's bedroom, where Harvey likes to play, and they were not there.

Then, I went downstairs to haul up some of the toys he has dragged to the closet under the stairs. I crawled my 10-months pregnant self into the tiny door, and sat in there organizing toys. I noticed, in the very back of the closet, a hole that Jed has drilled into the sheetrock so he could use his fax machine in the basement office. I shined a flashlight in it, and sure enough, all the missing toys were there. I can't wait to see Jeds reaction when he gets home and I show him what Harvey has done. I also can't wait to see Harvey's little gasping surprised looks when Jed starts pulling toys out of the wall.

No baby yet. Harvey and I have been going on some long walks trying to speed things up a bit. If he is still not here next week, we will do a nonstress test. If that is normal, I am going to keep trying to wait it out. I don't really want to be induced. So far everything is going great, though.

3 comments:

Pamela Knight said...

Just think of all the great stuff he could have stashed!!!! Feel for you.
Don't stray too far! Keep that phone handy. Good luck. We're thinking about you all. Pam

Jess said...

Hehehehe, that's FUNNY about Harvey!! Love that he stuck his toys in there! How cool is that? A secret place!

I think my heart skips a beat EVERY time I open your blog now! COME ON THING 2!! We're tired of waiting!!

Good luck!!

Tamara ViAnn said...

Ah your KILLING ME! Can I buy you a bottle of Castor Oil? I've seen it work with my own two eyes :) I know, I know (gag). That's so funny about his stash of toys!