Last night I went to bed around 10 o'clock. Twenty minutes later I started feeling all nauseated and gross, my back hurt really bad, and I was having contractions. I took a shower and then laid in bed trying to keep myself relaxed and get some rest. By 2:30-ish, my contractions were somewhat painful and 5 minutes apart, and there was no chance I could possibly sleep through them. I told Jed we should leave, and just take our time, drop off Harvey, run by the grocery store to get some juice, ect. Jed said we should just call my mom, so Harvey could stay asleep. So we called my mom and she came down to stay with Harvey.
We called the CNM, who asked us how long the contractions were lasting. We hadn't thought to time that, so we hung up the phone with her and timed a few of them. They were about 1 minute long, and 5 minutes apart. We called her back and told her, and she seemed worried that I hadn't had any sleep all night, but told us to come in.
Jed and I got there at 4:30. My contractions were still coming every 5 minutes, and lasting for a minute. I was definitely in labor, but I just wasn't progressing. At about 6:30 I got out of the bed and took another shower, and things stopped completely. Jed and I walked around the building for half an hour, which gave me contractions again, but after a check I hadn't progressed much (although the baby had moved down "about an inch").
So...we came home. The baby is doing fine. I am sooo not anxious to be induced, and now I feel confident that it can't possibly be too much longer. (Midwife thought I would be back tonight, or 40 hours at the latest.)
So thats where we are at....back to waiting. Very, very patiently.
No comments:
Post a Comment